Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs elec antenna staying up when car turned off

Boo6991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs V6
Hey guys, im having a problem with an electric antenna i installed into my holden vs. My car is an executive which i have converted to have all of the berlina electronics by doing a full loom conversion.
As my car now has the electric antenna plug i decided i wanted to use it as my manual antennas mount was broken anyway.
After instalation i turned the car on and the antenna went up fine, all was good. But after turning the car off the antenna stayed up. After trying for a couple days to fix the problem to no avail i have come here for help. I also tried to use the manual antenna buttoms to move it, the bcm makes a click sound but it doesnt move.
The antenna is a newly refurbished one i bought and i also have acess to a multimeter if needed. The stereo is a pioneer unit model DEH-4350UB
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance, Ash

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
sounds like there is no power to the antenna.

to make it go up, both wires need power, but to go down, only one stays powered.

possibly both wires are only getting power when it is going up. i don't have a diagram with me at the moment, but that is def something i would check.

Boo6991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs V6
I have a multimeter so i could measure it, but am unsure of where to measure from. Should i unplug the antenna from the inside of the car and measure from the plug? and if so should i connect my multimeter to the body to ground it or to the antenna?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
To be honest, it sounds like you haven't wired it properly to the head unit.. I'd be looking there first...

Boo6991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs V6
its definitely wired to the head unit, otherwise it wouldnt have gone up in the first place. Originally the signal wire for the antenna wasnt connected and nothing happened but once i connected it it went up and stayed there. The problem is that it doesnt go down when the car as a whole is turned off. Any idea what would cause the antenna not to get power? Just to double check, is one of the wires going to the antenna a constant 12v or is it one that stays on for a bit after the car is turned off and is turned off by the bcm?