Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Electric mirror switch in VR Commodore

S

sverzijl

Spent yesterday replacing my right hand mirror (someone swiped it off) and noticed how easy it was to replace my electric mirror switch (been a bit intermittent when it comes to responding when you press the button thing tp adjust mirror angle).

Was scouting on eBay for some and I noticed they have a few VS switches that they claim will fit in a VR as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Also they are selling for $10-$20 used... Would I be better off going to a wrecker or similar? I've had no experience aquiring sparts this way. Does anyone know of any good places in S.E. suburbs of Melbourne?

Thanks for your help,
Simeon

Actually while I'm at it, can a Calais light (the one with the reading lights) be easily installed into an Executive?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The electric mirror switch will plug in fine, but you need to change the grab handle so it fits. The calais interior light will fit i have one in my car. you just gotta wire it up and cut a little out of the roof lining. An extra wire is needed to power the reading lights (can't remember if it's positive or negative). I'm almost certain thats it needs a positive wire and in that case can wire it by splicing into the existing postive wire that powers the interior light.

Last edited: