Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Vs engine conversion

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Hey everyone. I have a genuine factory vr v6 5speed and i want to do a engine conversion from the buick to a vs ecotec or out of a vx cause to my knowledge they came with 152fwkw from factory.. I am wonderin if people could give me some help. What do i need to change? I know i need new exhaust, (well extractors) the power steering hooks up fine and coil pack but my main concern is can i use the manual wiring loom and computer to run the ecotec?? Also thinking it would prob be best if i just sell the vr and buy a vs. How would i go about the heater hoses cause ecotec has 2 hoses where buick has 1. Any decent pointers would be helpfull.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
It''ll probably be easier and cheaper to buy a VS...

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
You can do it, there is a guide in the How To section I beleive, but it would be easier to just buy a VS.

Unless you are too attached to it, of course. Like me, lol

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
You can do it, there is a guide in the How To section I beleive, but it would be easier to just buy a VS.

Unless you are too attached to it, of course. Like me, lol

lol yeh im attached to it. but if i sell it then i gotter go through the trouble finding a decent vs in good nick. idc if its auto cause il be putting a t56 in it anyway. but its hard to find a good nick vs with low ks these days.. so thought maybe engine conversion would be good and easyer.. btw nice ride man looks good love the s pac kits getting one when i decide what im doing lol. also where is it in the how to section i cant find it.. (new to this site)