Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs esteem

vs tommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs esteem
hi guys can anyone give me infomation on what an esteem is?

cheers Tom

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
It's basicly a standard executive but with alloys and power windows and was a limited edition in 1997

pmlegend

pmlegend
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Wagon
One handy thing I found with the Esteem is it has a mid BCM which allows a few extra mods and cruise control wiring is already installed.

deXtrous

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Acclaim
Commodore Esteem

This was a limited edition available in March 1997. Similar to the Equipe, it was advertised as having power windows, air conditioning and excellent alloy wheels at no extra cost. ($3000 worth of free extras)

Holden VS Commodore / Calais

vs tommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs esteem
ok no problems, thanks for the infomation.

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
I've just brought one of these myself. Black "Panther Mica!". Great lil' car. I used to have a VN executive "stock" that had around 300,000Km's. Nice and reliable and could still spin the wheels. The VS handles a lot better, brakes a bit better, is quieter engine running/operation, smooth gear changes and i do like the power/economy button on the centre console. Good that they have dual airbags too, but iv'e already got a great set of them anyhow. lol ;). Another option that they didn't mention is that they're supposed to have ABS but from memory, my sister's VS exec has that anyhow. From memory, there was around 200,000 of them made in total. I used to be a car detailer by profession "and love my holden's too". Never seen too many of them at our auction house "pickles!". I've only ever seen one of them here "other than mine" here on the road in near 10 years. I am in tas, but tas isn't a really small place either!.

Cheers!

Vyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Wagon
Hi, did the 97 vs Calais esteem 3.6 come out as a wagon? If so wat do u think it's worth these days. Iv got 1 of my members trying to post it for sale and asking $10k which is ludacrious I think

Attachments

• 20190502_095154.jpg
    20190502_095154.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 244

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Hi, did the 97 vs Calais esteem 3.6 come out as a wagon? If so wat do u think it's worth these days. Iv got 1 of my members trying to post it for sale and asking $10k which is ludacrious I think

There's no "Calais Esteem", it's either a Calais or Esteem, and the Calais never came out in wagon form. It's probably just an Esteem wagon with a Calais interior. Also has a 3.8 not a 3.6.