Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Exec Brake Issue

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi Guys,

Just noticed this week when I drove the old's VS, that when you put pressure on the brake pedal there is a hissing sound, or if you push it right to the floor the hissing sound becomes much louder and consistent. Feels as though the pedal requires a bit more pressure than normal. Fluid level in the master cylinder is fine, and it's nice and clean, so I'm guessing it's going to be a booster issue, or the one way check valve thingy. Any ideas?

What would a new booster be worth these days?

Cheers

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
On a side note, checked the one way valve thing this afternoon, that is working perfectly, as the booster is getting plenty of vacuum. Seems to be most prevalent at 3/4 pressure on the brake pedal, and definitely more effort is required to really push the pedal down to stop hard. Engine RPM changes, almost falters a bit when letting go of the pedal, presumably due to additional un metered air entering the engine?

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Never had booster issues myself but it sounds like you're onto it.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Be getting that booster checked out.

How does the pedal feel, with the car off, pump the brake pedal 3 or 4 times, hold down and turn the engine on?