Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs executive 1996 ECOTEC

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Hi all

I snapped some picutures of my ride, here it a short blurb about her.

I bought this car back in August last year for $2500. It belonged to my dads work mate and he loved the **** outta it. It came completely grandpa spec, the only mods were red stripes on the engine cover ( and a stage something shift kit!!). before that it was owned by an old guy who towed a boat with it. thats why it had the shift kit, that was installed with the trans recon.

Stuff I have done.
-custom CAI
-9mm leads
-Memcal
-mags
-lowered
-sounds (two twelves and sound stream components in the front doors amped, Rear speakers amped)
-removed cat
-Manual converted.
-Super 6 throttle body.
-Polished stainless intake pipe.
-Adjustable panhard rod
-Installed alarm myself

004-1.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

557966_347536378625315_262223987156555_1007124_923765715_n.jpg

002.JPG

Plans for it are.
-L67 conversion
-bigger sway bars
-extractors
-A loud obnoxious exhaust.

Last edited:

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Lookin good mate, keep us updated :)

I wanted a VS , was always against VNs now
I have one I love them
Too :)

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Sexy!! I love the VS commodores, so lightweight.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Yeap, she my pride and joy. When I first got it, it was a real boat handeling wise lol go around the round about all my mate would be hanging on stuff trying to stay upright!

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Yeap, she my pride and joy. When I first got it, it was a real boat handeling wise lol go around the round about all my mate would be hanging on stuff trying to stay upright!

Maybe slow down for corners and roundabouts?

It does look nice and clean, but i dont understand what mod "memcal" is, i dont see any mods requiring a tune :/

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Maybe slow down for corners and roundabouts?

It does look nice and clean, but i dont understand what mod "memcal" is, i dont see any mods requiring a tune :/

Thats the thing, you didnt have to go fast to make it do that lol (shocks were puckaroo)

Memcal, yeh not mods requiring it but its firmed up the shifts, change shift points and advanced the ignition timing. it also accents the shift kit nicely. I must find out whats been done to the trans, I figure its just the basic kit (not the switch lol)

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Check your bushings first, some could be flogged out causing more body roll. I use to have country pack springs, body roll was scary. Bringing the height down helped this problem.
As for the shift kit, could just be the shift improver kit? Thats the biggest thing i hate about buying second hand cars, you dont know whats done or its history.

Just a thought, may not fit your budget, but since your going a cam (which requires head components as well) is getting another motor and build that one up. That way you can either do a full rebuild and build it up slowly without the car being off the road. Just a thought.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Just a thought, may not fit your budget, but since your going a cam (which requires head components as well) is getting another motor and build that one up. That way you can either do a full rebuild and build it up slowly without the car being off the road. Just a thought.

Great minds think alike!

Finacally at the moment no lol but some day. I know the last owner so I know the cars history well. The guy wasnt knowlegable with cars but I do know when the auto trans was rebuilt the clutch packs have more plates and the kit.

All bushes are brand new nolathane!!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Ride looks great mate.
Did you build the CAI Box?? Nice work.

I see you said Backyard mechanic under your user name.
Is that your workshop in the picture nice yellow and pink colours:rofl2:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
lol its my grandmother little red riding hood house, she has a garden open to the public and I live in a cottage there. Kiwi fruit season was awesome, plenty of hot south american poon walking around!

yeh I did build the CAI, thanks mate there is a thread on it here.