Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Executive V8....Weight/Legal on P's in Vic??

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hmm, thats not right...there was never a vr exec stroker.
all exec v8's from vn-vr are 165kw and 385Nm@3600
the vs has 168kw and 395Nm@3600.
then there are the hsv v8's, where the vs clubby has 185kw and 400Nm@3600 ....the vs senator with optional stroker has 215kw and 475Nm@3600 and hsv enhanced statesmans have 180kw and 410Nm@3600 for the vq... and 185kw and 400Nm@3600 for both vr an vs, both also having the 5.7L stroker option.
for exec models, the vs is about 1500kg, vr 1430kg, vp 1380kg and vn 1400 (these are for the v8's)

I think it's the capacity that is the problem here. Your car needs to weigh at least 1428kgs to drive 5 litres. MY VP GTS weights 1400kgs according to the rego label. Either way I don't think it's a battle easily won by a P plater.

Reaper

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
vr - vs series 1 HOLDEN (not hsv enhanced) 5 litres were 165kw
vs series 2 HOLDEN (not hsv enhanced) 5 litres were 168kw

the high powered restrictions are all over the place. yo ucan get exemptions from vic roads, (make a good excuse saying why you need to drive the car, eg. it's the only car available to you, it's your parents car, and yoi don't have you're own - some excuse along those lines) and vic roads will allow you to drive the car, even if it's "high-powered". www.carsales.com.au - go to the research page, and you might be able to find the exact weight of the car
:)

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
oh and in july 2007, the new high powered restrictions are coming in, meaning no 8 cylinders at all, even if it's passes teh current restrictions (but i'm nto sure about old v8's like kingswoods and stuff) no high powered 6 cylinder engines, no turbo or supercharged engines (unless according to vic road, the power output is not "too high"). turbo diesels are allowed though

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
it says it wieghs 1448kg and has 1 cupholder, but i hav never seen a cup holder in a VS, unless it was custom, where is the cup holder?? In the glove box?? It also said that A/C is a $2k option, little pricey....

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
Shoe boxes like the toyota starlet need a turbo, otherwise they don't move......... But when you look at the Starlet GT, it exceeds the new 125kw per tonne restriction,due to its power to weight ratio, however it needs the turbo....
Also: some new turbo diesels are heaps fast...like some of the new Euro c*r#p

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
it says it wieghs 1448kg and has 1 cupholder, but i hav never seen a cup holder in a VS, unless it was custom, where is the cup holder?? In the glove box?? It also said that A/C is a $2k option, little pricey....

only cup holder in the VS is in the series 3 statesmen. im not including those two crappy indents on the inside of the glvoe box.

also, these new laws, no supercharged engines for p platers, what about if you already have your Ps, or have the engine supercharged before it comes in?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
what if you carried weights in the car? be funny if they let that pass but then it defeats getting an 8 as the weights would bog it down.

i'll stick with my six, i figure i would push a four to my doom and loose an 8 to a pole or other solid object.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
what if you carried weights in the car? be funny if they let that pass but then it defeats getting an 8 as the weights would bog it down.

i'll stick with my six, i figure i would push a four to my doom and loose an 8 to a pole or other solid object.

Can't see that being allowed. Pretty sure it's taken from the normal dry weight of the car.

Reaper

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
www.redbook.com.au

This site gives u specific information on most makes and models.

VS Exec V8 is legal for a P plater with the current laws however when the new laws come in they wont be, but i think if u already have ur P plates and VS Exec V8 u will be excempted from the new laws