Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Exhaust System?

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Gday Fellas,

Got a few questions as im looking to get an exhaust pretty soon just chasing some more noise on the car. Im looking for just a loud rumble like my old VR's exhaust had it was a mecury 2 and a half catback with just a hot dog and tip no muffler

[video]http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/Zarconiia/?action=view&current=0610101724-01.mp4[/video]

Im looking to get the exhaust of ebay because they look like they're the cheaper prices. But which brand should i go for?

Cheers

nalchlan

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS executive series II 'S pack'
ive got redback 2.5 extractors and exhaust...sounds amazing. it was $1380.00 labour included

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
WOW Dude you got slightly ripped off. For a VS probably a Redback or Lukey... Wouldn't buy cheap exhausts off ebay, generally will sound crap.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
The ones on ebay are lukeys/redbacks but which one would sound better? What gives more growl etc.

Wont lie, you kinda did get ripped nal. Ebay you can get redback exhaust $200 pacemaker heads for $500

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
i got a lukey system from cat back (soon wanna put lukely headers on it and hi-hlow cat when i get some money) from memory it was around 500-600 bucks retail at repco sounds great at hi-rpm at lower rpm its ok but u cant expect to much from a v6 =P i can get part numbers for ya if u want

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I think redback gives a bit more of a growl then lukey. Have had redback in my last 3 cars and I can't complain. Really its down to personal choice.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
id go with the pacies,i had em on my old v6 ute and thay had a great sound......
The ones on ebay are lukeys/redbacks but which one would sound better? What gives more growl etc.

Wont lie, you kinda did get ripped nal. Ebay you can get redback exhaust $200 pacemaker heads for $500

chrismeli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina commodore
I got my exhaust done at tide bros in Newport top notch work I got pacemaker extractors put on, high flow stainless cat, 2.5 inch all the way through with twin rumpus at the end and only one muffler sounds amazing been asked while at the lights if it's an 8 :) idles perfect with perfect growl especially around 3000 rpm