Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Fan Speed Resistor $$$$$$$

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
G'Day boys.....the Fan speed resistor in the VS does anyone have an idea how much for new and how much for old spare part for repalement ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Think they are $50 to $60 new....maybe $20 at a wrecker but inspect it carefully for breaks in the resistor coils if buying 2nd hand.

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
hey there guys im chasing a resistor for climate control can any1 help please cheers:bow:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
hey there guys im chasing a resistor for climate control can any1 help please cheers:bow:

Here is what "vzsv8" posted in a thread so credits to him:

The resistor shown in the 'How to' is for the standard air conditioner. Great write up BTW.
If you have climate control the module is a big transistor inside a similar looking heat sink. The failure mechanism is either no fan at all or full speed at all times, even with the key out of the ignition :my:
The climate control module is over $150 and the short term cure is to pull the fusable link IN FRONT of the engine fuse box, I think it's pink. Just keep pulling them out and replacing until the fan stops.
Three guesses how I found this out
Cheers, Steve

Hope this helps.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
if yours is a climate control model holden charges $150+ for new one, i have repaired quite a few as i can get the proper NEC amplifier that holden use from work through wes, i do swapover units if your after one.