Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs fans and wipers

jase_vs_comma

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vs equpie s2
hey guys last nite my fans wern't workin then today they do... its happend to me a few times this year, 1 day they will work then they wont and so on.. n e ideas?

also my window wipers are not sitting down under the black part at the base of the window they kinda peep out at a 15 degre angle ive tried tightening the screws and loosening them but still they wont go down, they just dont sit at a normal staright angle n e more. n e ideas?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
for ur fan replace the resistor under that black thing under ur wipers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Undo the bolt at the base of each arm which will allow the arm to lift off the splined drive post - reposition to your choice. If they are difficult to lift off, slacken the bolt on the post a few turns and turn wipers on - this will generally loosen them.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
hako said:
Undo the bolt at the base of each arm which will allow the arm to lift off the splined drive post - reposition to your choice. If they are difficult to lift off, slacken the bolt on the post a few turns and turn wipers on - this will generally loosen them.
From my experience I have found that if you try the above technique on the lefthand wiper arm, the bonnet will hit on the arm when you raise or lower it and take a chunk of paint off it.The wiper arm on both of my cars has the lh side sitting a bit high and that is just something I live with.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Markover, you're probably right - mine sit parallel to each other and as low as you would want - my wipers are not often used as it rarely rains in Townsville plus I always coat the windscreen with RainX so this means that the wiper mechanism has done little work and still sits as it did when new. Wish it would stay that way.