Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS fault codes

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ok, so the missus car has had a few issues that have been ongoing however it has never ever shown any fault codes, not even when i drove with the air intake sensor disconnected or when a faulty coil fried the DFI module and it ran on only 4 cylinders.

recentyl i did thishttp://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/98128-clean-your-maf.html this fixed a few issues and it's more drivable. this arvo it finally kept the engine check light on when i was out. so when i got home i found my trusty paper clip but all i got was 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12. i let it go for about 5mins just to be certain.

this is frustrating. not sure what else i can do to retrieve any fault codes

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can retreive falt codes with that ALDL cable when you build it.just drive round with efilive running with the screen on DTC display hopefully you might see whats causing the code it might not be a stored code some dont store i think.if you still want i can send a cable just wont have a DB9 plug on it cause i dont have one