Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Feels Different

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
my VS has just recently started to feel laggy and not very responsive......id give it say 25% throttle and it takes 3 seconds for it to start giving any power of any kind....

its got 134000k's on the clock and hasnt been thrashed except for 7 burnouts since ive had it and bought it off elderly people......so not sure whats wrong with it.....anyone have any ideas ?

holdenlover

Reaction score
How long has this been happening??? Bad fuel maybe?
Have you run a self test?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
self test being ?....
i run nothing but BP Ultimate so if thats dirty ......
first thought was fuel filter......only started noticing problem yesterday...like it feels like its tired and slugish and its getting on my nerves

holdenlover

Reaction score
Sorry.......by self test I mean, the computers diagnostic test (sensor faults etc)

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Has your ECM light (check engine light) come on at all?

Sounds like it just needs a good service if the light hasnt been on.

Do oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, plugs, check the leads resistance and replace if necessary.

If it's still a little sluggish, I'll give you a spreadsheet on extracting the ALDL codes and related jargon that will guide you through the process.

Jake

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
alright thanks for that
2moro's mission is to get a K&N Panel Filter......new leads, new oil filter, plugs (if on the box it says for VS 3.8L do i have to adjust the gap or anything ?)

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
*Yawn* Last post before bed and because I know you want to go shopping in the morning.

The plugs you get should be gapped to a reasonable gap as is. Look through the NGK book and you'll find them.

Get a fuel filter and some throttlebody/Carby cleaner also- if you have the money.

DONT buy Valvoline Filters of any variety, stick to Ryco if possible. Better quality not to mention being Australian made and owned.

Cheers

Jake.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
hehe im not sure if i can change the fuel filter just yet...ill be fine with the oil and filter......and air filter.....and plugs leads actually how do i know when the leads are tightened isnt it 3 turns with a socket and then loosen it half ?
i should have enough...i got a $240 police fine to pay i hope i get good behavior but yeah......$350 to cover all of the above
cheers mate

G

Grantis1976

I think the "7 " burnouts may have something to do with it. It doesnt take long for the rings to get distorted when smoke'n the bags.

ashdeni

Reaction score
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 8 2004, 09:43 PM)Has your ECM light (check engine light) come on at all?

Sounds like it just needs a good service if the light hasnt been on.

Do oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, plugs, check the leads resistance and replace if necessary.

If it's still a little sluggish, I'll give you a spreadsheet on extracting the ALDL codes and related jargon that will guide you through the process.

Jake
My VS has the same problem. It is regularly serviced (every 3 months) and has not been thrashed. Can you give me a spreadsheet on extracting the ALDL codes? What exactly would this do?

Cheers,
Ashdeni