Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs front end knock

R

richy

the front left of my vs has a knock when driving. initially i thought it was a dead shocky . the knocking was far more noticable in the cold weather, and the warmer everything gets , the less the knock.
just to be clear, the knock is definately an up and down motion kind of knock, although i cant here it when i bounce the front while in the shed.
someone told me that its not a dead shocky , but a loose holding bolt under the body at the top of the shocky. has any one heard of this problem , or am i just getting my chain pulled??

S

shsvstewart_8

what about under brakes? may have the same probs as the early VT's with front rubbers? jack it up and u should see straight away....

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I had a funny knock that was the top bearings collapsed in the top of the strut but it was the result of a dodgy set of backyard lowered springs done before I had the car

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Ball Joints? Bump Stops?

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
It sounds like the strut bearings to me, but also check all the suspension rubbers for wear.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Is it a really dull knocking? If you can feel a vibrating through your footrest (kind of like a bang followed by a bounce or two, really quick) then I'd be replacing the shocks and struts.

R

richy

thanks all for suggestions. car handles well in every way except for the knocking. but will investigate all suggestions

Camz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Equip "Clubbie" Lookalike!
Is the knock more noticable when turning?
This could indicate worn steering rack.

Chris

Reaction score
also you could check the pin that go up from the stablizer bar thats what happened to mine.the rubber and washer pulled thru

R

richy

no knock when turning. if i was running on an asphalt carpet type of road , i wouldnt be aware i had a knock. no bumps, no knock.