Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive wagon, VE wagon
Ok, so I’ve done the basics.
New injectors, new fuel pump and filter, new air filter, cleaned the chamber, maf, etc.
My car is VS V6 manual.
New spark plugs, leads tested good.
Coils ok I think.

Here is my problem, the engine is missing when I put my foot down.
Ok, lots of things could be wrong with the old vs.

I took my fuel lines off to replace the injectors, and accidentally put them back on wrong. Car wouldn’t start. After I tried a few times I found my mistake and put them back on the correct sides. And the engine ran great for about 20min driving.
Let it cool, and when I started it again the missing was back.
Now I’ve put up with it for a week or so, missing every time I put my foot down, like it’s starving for fuel.

So, I’ve taken the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator, and it looks ok.
I took my fuel lines and switched them again for a test, turned the engine over a few times and put them back. Well it is running much better again.

My question is, does anyone know what is going on here?

Is my fuel pressure regulator shot?
Are my fuel lines blocked with s***?

I’m thinking that the fuel going the wrong way is clearing some blockage, for a while, then it comes back.

I cleaned my fuel tank when I did the pump, so I’m left thinking it’s the lines maybe?
Injector cleaning fluid helped for a short time too.

No error codes.

Any help, ideas, comments would be great, thanks.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Just missing under load it will be a bad coil. Swap them 1 at a time to find the dud.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just missing under load it will be a bad coil. Swap them 1 at a time to find the dud.
Ok, I’ve had heaps of trouble with coils on this car. I have thought of doing just what you said, but haven’t tried it yet, because they are all sparking ok. (At idle, might be bad under load though)
I changed the dfi module in the past, so I hope it isn’t that again.
Got a box of coils, but some might be suspect, so I guess I’ll part with more cash and get a new one and test .
I’m not saying your wrong, but why would it drive like new for a while after reversing the fuel flow direction?
I might try some of the old coils, and if it helps, might get all new ones again.
Thanks for your input, I’ll try, and try again, and post here if I solve it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I got a new coil and tried it in each position. Same symptoms. Runs great cold. Missing at normal operating temp. Dies going around right hand corner with low fuel ,so I think the return fuel line is off inside the tank. But if this is the only problem it should work fine with a full tank of fuel? Would a faulty temp sensor cause this without throwing a code?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Going around a corner causing issues suggests something is loose (like a vacuum line) and is moving under cornering load.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Going around a corner causing issues suggests something is loose (like a vacuum line) and is moving under cornering load.
OK, thanks. I'm still battling with it. Filled with petrol it is just missing all the time under load (not dying on corners) . I'm thinking the wiring to the DFI module might be sus, or the plug leads. Or the coils are all bad ? I only changed one and moved it to all positions. Spark seems bright but irregular. The input bearing is noisy now, and I'm thinking the car might cost more to fix than its worth. Maybe time to look for a donor car.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Remove and clean the dfi module plug and may as well do the CAS one as well.

Is the weather getting warm over there yet? CAS sensors start to play up when things start to get hot.