Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Gas System

Langas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
Hi Guys,
I have a 95 VS Berlina Wagon on Gas.

I bought it from a mate a couple of weeks ago with a buggered engine. When I got it, it would not run on gas (apparently had been like that for some time). Since I bought it I have put a fairly fresh vx engine in it and I would now love to get the gas side of things going!

When I got the car, the heater hoses were stuffed and the heater tap was bypassed, so the gas convertor was not getting any coolant flow. I thought this was the main issue as the convertor would probably instantly freeze, so I put a new heater tap and hoses in tonight but I'm still not having any luck.

The gas system thats in it is an impco. It uses a 225 mixer and a model e convertor.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or know of any test points etc for the impco system?

I'd love to get this sorted myself. I'd rather not take it to a gas shop as I reccon most of them are the biggest shonks in the game! Some of the workmanship is shocking!

Any advice appreciated

Simon