Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Gauge Holder Pod Mount.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Hello fellow commodore lovers,
I am real keen on putting some gauges under my headunit in that blank space where one would usaully keep there wallet, phone or anything.
Whilst browsing ebay i came across this particular item which i thought looked real clean and nice:
VN - VR - VS Commodore 2"/52mm Gauge Holder Pod Mount (eBay item 130478504914 end time 02-Feb-11 23:59:17 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
My question is though, is this part too expensive?
There is another bloke on ebay who sells the same item but in a shiny metal face finish for 40 dollars, yet i am more keen on a stealth matte black look, yet the price seems a bit steep.
Any advice appreciated, or if anyone wants to point me in the direction of a cheaper item or even make me one for cheaper i am all ears.
Thanks in advance.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stuffing around with fiddly things like that is definitely not my forte, i would not be able to do it.
I might take the plunge and buy it then.
Does anyone else have any advice or know any cheaper outlets?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Not sure mate but make sure you have all the correct rated fuses in the right places before you go fiddling with the wiring - or you'll end up replacing the body loom like me lol :( Or get an auto elec to install the gauges. Would love to see a pic of them in.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure mate but make sure you have all the correct rated fuses in the right places before you go fiddling with the wiring - or you'll end up replacing the body loom like me lol :( Or get an auto elec to install the gauges. Would love to see a pic of them in.
Cheers for the help mate, i think i would get an auto elec to do it for me, the task seems a bit too daunting for me...
I'll be sure to post pictures when i'm done, whenever that is, there's always something to do before the mod i have in mind, i'm sure you can relate...

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Buy the cheaper one and paint it I've got my amp controls in checker plate there with a blue led on it, I'll get pics asap 4 u

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Buy the cheaper one and paint it I've got my amp controls in checker plate there with a blue led on it, I'll get pics asap 4 u
could be an option i guess mate, but i'm real sold on the clean smooth look of the one i showed above.
i guess i'll have to stop being a stinge and buy one...

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
they arn't difficult to make. Even if you get some sheet metal and jsut cut it out, won't look as good. but you pay for what you get

I wouldn't pay that much just for a gauge holder when for a fraction of the price i could give it a go myself.

But i don't really like paying people to do stuff, cos im a tight ass haha

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
get an auto elec to install the gauges.dont risk it if you dont know how(ya dont want to be walking) good luck
Hello fellow commodore lovers,
I am real keen on putting some gauges under my headunit in that blank space where one would usaully keep there wallet, phone or anything.
Whilst browsing ebay i came across this particular item which i thought looked real clean and nice:
VN - VR - VS Commodore 2"/52mm Gauge Holder Pod Mount (eBay item 130478504914 end time 02-Feb-11 23:59:17 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
My question is though, is this part too expensive?
There is another bloke on ebay who sells the same item but in a shiny metal face finish for 40 dollars, yet i am more keen on a stealth matte black look, yet the price seems a bit steep.
Any advice appreciated, or if anyone wants to point me in the direction of a cheaper item or even make me one for cheaper i am all ears.
Thanks in advance.