Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Head Gasket or LIM?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Try bleeding the system again with the heater temp set to hot.

May got some water on plug leads that go to coil packs, or somehow on the dfi?

Checked the leads & plugs? All the easy stuff first?

Appreciate the advice.I believe your on the money with DFI.It had indeed got wet and im sure water has got in via tiny hole in it.I will swap out with the one in the Ute and see what happens.

I wouldnt have looked there in a million years,so thanks again.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Appreciate the advice.I believe your on the money with DFI.It had indeed got wet and im sure water has got in via tiny hole in it.I will swap out with the one in the Ute and see what happens.

I wouldnt have looked there in a million years,so thanks again.

Thanks everyone for their input,i know its diffucult to diagnose something you cant see.It end up being a crook coil.Whether the coil was on the way out or i cooked it myself by using the bleeder screw to bleed the air from cooling system,which has wet the coil contacts.I will always bleed from the radiator cap in future.

Ive only got interested in car repair in the last couple of years and have to say this site is a wealth of information for the novice Holden enthusiast.Thanks again to Lex for steering me in the right direction on this repair.