Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] VS Headrest removal

kooler2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Now I know its suppose to be commodore only but I did this on a VS Statesman. Don't know if headrest removal has been posted before, but this is what I did
SoI decides to fit a couple of Headrests with DVD's in them??? Simple eh. So the headrests don't come out and after asking a few Upolsterers about it it seems that the only way to remove the headrests is to give them a zillion dollars and they will do it????
So I checks it out???????
Took maybe 5/10 minutes or so. I lifted the headrest up, now where the pole goes in you can feel a block, now this block holds a circlip type thing, now with a razor you cut a slit on the left hand side as long as the block. Now pull the Vinyl/Leather whatever down. You will see a slit in the block. Now with a small strong flathead screwdriver, jam it into the top of the slit then lift the handle up. The blade part will hook onto the end of the circlip and out it will come. Now theirs a circlip on each post.
A touch of Superglue real carefull like will join where you cut back together like near new and when the headrests down no one will know :thumbsup:
Well thats how I did it anyway

Jacks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Wow thanks!! That worked a treat and you cant even see the little cuts.

Ronwill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
IMG_4226.jpeg