Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs heater

northysvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs excutive v6
Hey guys, not long had this car with unknown history, the heater doesnt get hot or even warm, the vacume hose from the firewall to to tap has no vacume to it, but all other hoses have vacume to them, including the hose from the manifold to the oneway valve. I have checked the one way valve and it still only works one way as ment to. The hoses are connected as per the other thread. All the vac pipes on the rear of the controller in the dash are connected, and the linkage arm is able to open the cold fullly and hot fully on the hot, this seems to be set correctly. also from a standing start and upuntill apx 2000 rpm i have a whistle, this only apears when excelerating. The ball behind the front bar seems to be in good condition with a tight seal at the hose. Can anyone give me some help please??:thumbsup:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
are the heater hoses hot on the firewall side of the tap ?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
its not maybe the actual dial not allowing vacume though.

northysvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs excutive v6
No, they arent, thinking its cause there aint no vacume to open tap to allow it to that side of the tap.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Have you checked the hoses for internal plugs as per other thread? Maybe try this; with the engine idling and warm loosen the top hose from the tap to heater a fraction to see if coolant leaks out - then same for bottom hose - this will indicate if coolant is going past the tap....and if it's warm The whistle you hear should not be vacuum related - when accelerating the engine vacuum drops to almost zero so my guess is if you have minimal vacuum you have less chance of a whistle.
When you turn the cold/hot dial to cold, the last 1/4 turn makes the linkage close a button that supplies vacuum to the heater tap to turn it off.....it's very easy for this to be out of adjustment.

northysvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs excutive v6
Have you checked the hoses for internal plugs as per other thread? Maybe try this; with the engine idling and warm loosen the top hose from the tap to heater a fraction to see if coolant leaks out - then same for bottom hose - this will indicate if coolant is going past the tap....and if it's warm The whistle you hear should not be vacuum related - when accelerating the engine vacuum drops to almost zero so my guess is if you have minimal vacuum you have less chance of a whistle.
When you turn the cold/hot dial to cold, the last 1/4 turn makes the linkage close a button that supplies vacuum to the heater tap to turn it off.....it's very easy for this to be out of adjustment.
Will be checking for all your suggestions. and yeh agreed that whilst on the gas you dont have much vacume, but thought id better put that in, incase that was a sign of something related to the problem. Cheers mate ill keep it posted. ;)