Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs heating problem

RodH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
The heater in my vs doesnt blow hot air in the morning but when but when i try in in the afternoon it seems hot any ideas ? cheers

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Mine is a bit like that in winter. If I get on the freeway within 5 minutes of cold start, and go cruising along in cool morning air, the engine doesn't get hot enough. Once it gets in stop-start traffic, then it warms up.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
The old ECOTEC takes light years to warm up... as everything is cast iron. I'd make sure the heater tap is working and that your thermostat isn't stuck open... or incorrect temperature rating.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A partially blocked core in these old cars is common enough, which really affect heat. Sometimes a reverse flush will help but often it needs a new core. I fitted a new core and mine is good now although it's about 2Omins before the engine is up to temp, in minus 2 degrees. Prior to the new core I had to have the engine temp around halfway or more to feel decent heat. Now it can be minus 7 degrees and its still good.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd say you have a partial blocked core.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Has someone removed the thermostat? Check you have one fitted. And check the heater tap opens when you switch the heater on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My ute got up third way on the temp gauge tonight and I was too damn hot. With the new core I sometimes have to turn the heater temp control down to nearly half if the outside temp is above 11 degrees.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My ute got up third way on the temp gauge tonight and I was too damn hot. With the new core I sometimes have to turn the heater temp control down to nearly half if the outside temp is above 11 degrees.
That sounds normal. Heater in the VE makes me carsick if I set it above 24 degrees.
Check the little vacuum hose hasn't fallen off the heater tap.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That sounds normal. Heater in the VE makes me carsick if I set it above 24 degrees.
Check the little vacuum hose hasn't fallen off the heater tap.
Yeah this is why I think the OP's core may be buggard. Mine never got anywhere near hot enough before i had the core replaced. It was even worse when I first got the ute, before I had it semi fixed with a reverse flush and compressed air, but even then it remained fairly blocked and was pretty cold compared to how it is now. I was chasing the issue for over two years I think it was in the end. There is a long thread on here regarding my heater issues.