Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs Holden Acclaim wont turn over.....

Holden1003

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Holden Acclaim
I have a 95 Holden acclaim and has had really bad screeching noises as it turns over when its cold for a bout a month now.... when warm turns over fine. But as of last night it wont turn over at all just a cliking noise, today the same, wont turn over at all..... is this a starter moter or an ignition problem?

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
just a clicking noise from where? sounds like a starter motor problem.. but cant be sure.. just borow someones starter motor and give it a look its a easy job just take the batery negtive terminal off and just take the two wires off the starter motor and unbolt the two 15mm's bolts on the botom of the starter motor and wedge it out. you dont need to remove anything els and just chuck the borowed one in and have a look could do it all in under half an hour.

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
the two wires on the starter motor one just clips off and the other is a 13mm from memory.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
A clicking noise sounds like a flat battery to me, wack another battery in her before you start pulling starter motors out.

If no avail then try a new starter motor. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one :thumbsup:

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
It could also be the harmonic balancer if there is a screeching or ticking sound.