Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS .... how do i get too the dash speakers?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i cant figure it out it looks like i have too take off the whole panel that runs all the way along the dash.... is there a guide or something or how do i get too the wires so i can just mount some tweeters elsewhere.
(please dont tell me too do it from the back of the stereo :p )

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
front speakers are more than likely in the front doors

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
its easy, remove that trim near the window all it is , is 3 screws i think and then she comes off, and the speakers are easy to get to

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
thanks man i had a vn before this and that had covers that just popped off, also yes i have speakers in the door and rear parcel shelf but also in the dash.

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Hi Pillzor,

Just to clarify the VN covers up the top of the dash are not suppose to just pop off. The side air vent needs to be removed to gain access to the hidden screw the will allow the cover to come off. If you can pop it off then the grille has been broken.... (Sorry just thought you might like to know.....)

Oh and the VS Commodores have two screws and a clip. The clip is located closest to the outside of the windscreen..... You must undo the screws first before popping the clip.... and the panel is in 2 seperate pieces..... If you want I can post some pics to show you what I mean....

cheers

Simon

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
they are hard to get so you need a stubby screwdriver otherwise your hand hits the glass and cant get the right angle

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Hi Pillzor,

Just to clarify the VN covers up the top of the dash are not suppose to just pop off. The side air vent needs to be removed to gain access to the hidden screw the will allow the cover to come off. If you can pop it off then the grille has been broken.... (Sorry just thought you might like to know.....)

Oh and the VS Commodores have two screws and a clip. The clip is located closest to the outside of the windscreen..... You must undo the screws first before popping the clip.... and the panel is in 2 seperate pieces..... If you want I can post some pics to show you what I mean....

cheers

Simon

yeh post pics if you can , ill have another go this arvo aswell.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON