Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Hubs the same as VT?

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Hey guys, a while ago i purchased off ebay the front brake set-up off a VT(Calipers, Std rotors, hub assembly)...
Im just wondering when i do this upgrade on my VS II, can i just unbolt the original Hub set-up and replace it with the VT one? cause that will ellimintate the need for spacers/shim adaptors wont it? or is it not worth is and just buy then along with some new DBA rotors?
Any help apprecitaed
Nick

Attachments

• Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 440

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I hope for your sake they are the same because the hubs are worth $400 each!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i think there the same in the way the mount on the car but must have a slightly larger offset, hence the use of spacers to fit the rotor/calipers onto the earlier VS commodore. i'd suggest going to your local spare parts retailer and compare part no's for both the lower ball joints for the VS/VT as well as the struts. or just pull the one of your car and compare, something to do on a quiet day maybe and let us all know the result

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
anyone know? or do i have to take the old one off n see if the VT one bolts up???(which i dont really wanna do:p)