Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ignition stuck on while key is turned off

cozza9

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hey just woundering if any one knew anything about the key not working properly in a vs causeing the ignition to stay constantly on, while the key in the barrel still working fine except when the key is turn it turns real easy and feels like its doin nothing
cheers

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
If the key is stuck on a certain point (eg, acc) and makes no difference which way you turn the key and the car won't crank / start then the most likely thing is that the ignition barrel has snapped - mine did this not too long ago was a pain in the arse at the time.

To start the car you can remove ignition switch from the ignition barrel (2 screws) and crank it manually with a screw driver - however you will still need your key in to disable the immobiliser.

A new ignition barrel costs about $80 coded to your key, you can install yourself with not too much trouble - or call a locksmith :)

cozza9

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
sweeet as cheers sounds like the problem i have, where do u suggest i get a new barrel from ?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
sweeet as cheers sounds like the problem i have, where do u suggest i get a new barrel from ?

You can get them from Holden for about $60 and take it to a locksmith and get them to code it or just talk to your mechanic, are you able to start the car? PM me I can help you start it.

cozza9

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
did u take ur barrel off ?
how do u get it of the steering column

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000