Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS II Calais Front Bumper...

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys, just noticed that the VS II Calais have the VS SS Bezzels to house foglights on the front bumper... I was just thinking, would it be cheaper to buy the Bezzels and get the custom fitted to the existing Exec bumper, or to buy a VS II Front bumper with it already cut out and all reay to put on and then just get it resprayed??

Cheers fellas :D

Heres a pic to show u what i mean

Attachments

• 42_1.JPG
    42_1.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,747
  • 54_1.JPG
    54_1.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,460

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
If you get a crash repair shop to fit the bezels then yes it will be cheaper. I wouldn't try to fit them yourself though cos it's harder than you think. I fitted bezels to my exec front bar originally but wasn't happy with it (did it myself). But a mate of mine got a crash repair shop to fit the bezels to an exec bar and it come up nice. The bezels cost about $30 (not sure if each or a pair). I replaced my front bar, it cost me $185 about a year or two ago but i was getting other work done so they sprayed it for free. So your looking at $200+ for a totally new bar.

P.S - the SS front bar have a wider mouth too. I went to replace the mesh from my old bar to my new SS bar but it wasn't wide enough to cover the mouth. Just something to note.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
nna, i just want the Executive style bumper with the bezzeles then get the foglights fitted...do u still have it on your car now? Could u post up a pic??

Cheers :)

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha, sorry, just saw it in your sig, looks nice :) where did u buy the foglights from? and were THEY hard to fit??

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
You can get the foglights from motor traders they are $146 each (not sure if holden still sell them.) I'm in SA, I know just commodore spares sell them for $100 each. But search the local wreckers and see what you can find. The lights fit to a metal bar under the car. You will need to drill the holes yourself. I'll email you the wiring diagram i made to fit my lights. If you have any other questions feel fre to ask. Good Luck mate.