Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS II Exec Mods..What to do??

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys, few q's

1. Bang for buck, what mods are the best to do on a 3.8lt VS II Exec?? Price and power wise?? e.g. 1.9:1 Roller Rockers??

2. Does the SII come with IRS standard, or is it still an option.

3. Exhaust, what is the best exhaust for one of these beauties?? I don know y, but i hate the whirring noise the V6 makes, doesnt sound to mean *dont hit me :)* What exhaust makes it sound like a mean machine :dance:

4. The VZ front indicator. Is it much work to put em on?? Need to be done professionally??
182.jpg

5. SS Foglight Bezzels?? Ive seen them on an Exec, im guessing they can be put on without much trouble??
302.jpg

6. VZ Monaro bonnet, do they look good on VS's in real life?? only seen them in pictures, is it possible to put blue LED's in the scoops so they light up at night??

7. Nice general one, how many people on here have VZ Monaro Rims on ther VR/VS??

8. Is it better to buy a spare set of 2 steel rims for the rear as spares and wrap them in retreads and change them if my other ones go bald or for a bit of fun ;), or shoud i just leave the 18"ers on it the whole time??

Cheers guys :D

Any answers/replies welcome and apriciated :)

Thanx in advance

P.S. I dont have it yet, but im starting to save now for the nxt 2 years, ideas advice would be nice to work for :)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
1) depends how much bang you want and how many bucks you have, but a general improvement can be made by a cat back exhaust ($300), cut the front bottom of the airbox open and get a hi-flow filter ($100), and get a chip made up for your car (i wont give a price because there are so many different ones out there). roller rockers are a good mod, but arent cheap for the improvements you get on a n/a engine.
2)depends on what model, an exec for instance has it as an option..whereas a calais it comes standard.
3)as said before, just a cat back.. different hi-flow mufflers and hotdogs, etc. will produce different notes, as will a straight though pipe. to get the required sound you would need to find the combo you like as well as pipe size.
4)there would be a decent amount of stuffing around to get it done and look the part, better off buying a panel already done (which you can do for vn-vs) and spray that.
5)a bit of mucking around with fibreglass and im sure you could do it.
6)personally not a fan of those bonnets, plus blue leds would be illegal.
7)....
8)i guess that would be entirely up to you, although rubber for low profile tires such as that found on an 18" rim is not cheap! so stock rims and retreads would be cheaper if your planning on going nuts.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
dont forget the hoon laws, the nice officers will poke and prod if you ran nice wheels on the front and "usable" ones on the rear.

and as said above blue light on car facing forward = no no and no. ( not looks, law )

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, i know its illegal, but u can just get a switch done for that :p Has any1 got the Monaro Rims on their cars?? Oh and Sir Cruisealot, where can you buy the panels from to fit the VS?? Also, with the SS Bezzels, how much do the foglights cost that fit in em, and is it hard to get them wired up??

Cheers :)

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
oh and wat if a cop see ya from head on? then pulls ya over ur fuct.. yellow sticka oh yer and ur exhaust a Lukey dogleg/centre-expansion muffler and Lukey dogleg/centre-expansion resonator set, for the loudest possible sound, a thoaty and non-droney type of sound, and high-level perforamance.

For a 2.5" system, the part number for the muffler is L2121 and the part number for the resonator is L9209
dats exactly what im gettin

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet. Does it make it sound any less like 3.8?? :p I dono y, but i just dont like how they are quiet :( How much would that cost?? And i just read a thread saying that it sounds nice without the resonator??

CHeers :)

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
dunno man i dont sell em best thing to do is ring up ur exhaust shop i got recomended that exact setup by a pro, he rekons that the best for a ecotec 6. Yeah i proballly wont hav a resi on mine but i got a feeling its gonna be pretty loud with on anyway, let us know how she goes ill be doing mine in a few weeks or so suspension 1st

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Frandy said:
Oh and Sir Cruisealot, where can you buy the panels from to fit the VS??

ill have to have a look around to see if i can find the article again..its in an old street commodores mag. gimme a day or two and ill get back to you on that one.