Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS II power windows

Shelfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II ute
Hey guy's, i'm a first time forum poster but long time reader. I've always used this website to help me do mod's on my car but cuz i'm on the P plate law's all my mods are cosmetic and underhanded so i dont get busted by the popo. i just recently installed my own cruise control system and that went through without a hitch but next on my list is to install power window's. I drive a VS II ute and i was wondering if someone has done this or would know the level of difficulty for this but some how i bet it would be easier than my plan to install ABS :D i know that the sedan commodore's window control pannel is on the centre console and because i have a bench seat i'd need to relocate it. any advice would be much appreciated or any better idea's of things to keep me busy would also be welcome.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
See the how to section, there's a thread in there on how to install them.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
I have a VS series II ute , and have put power windows in.. mine is a 3 seater as well.. There was no factory wiring that i could find for the windows.. I wired it myself.. i'll get a shot of how i put the switch in tomorrow if i remember , only got it in the drivers door.. passenger cannot operate window ( im lazy and didnt wire a switch up ) only me from drivers seat can.. but i dont carry passengers often :p

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
vswindowswitch.jpg

Here is my setup.. The passenger one was going to go in roughly the same spot , it was going to be one from a rear door ( single switch , passenger only )

Last edited: