Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs II Super6 Statesman Auto to manual Convertion

Post_History

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Berlina Sports Wagon International
Im up to my 3rd auto transmission :rip: in my Stato not happy about this I want to change it to a manual gear box what would be a good box and do i need to do any thing to my ecu.
project to cost under $3000 ~ but who sticks to a budget :)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You could do a T5 conversion, but the T56 would be the better way to go but 3G is likely to only get you a box.

Why are you having so much hassles with the T700 ? I take it you've had them rebuilt to spec ?

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
damn, where have you been getting these 'boxes from?! they obviously arent up to scratch. like sixshooter said, if your going through auto's like that, a manual isnt going to change much.
i know of a bloke in sydney that rebuilds 'boxes for performance use at a very reasonable price, on an exchange basis. thats if you dont have your heart set on a manual.
oh, and yes, if you did go the manual route a memcal reprogramming would be needed.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
i know of a bloke in sydney that rebuilds 'boxes for performance use at a very reasonable price, on an exchange basis.
care to divulge contact details?

sixshooter I do hope you meant t700 not t400, that's a beefy box untouched.
but yeah, no manual except T56 will tolerate an L67 for long, and I doubt you'll get the box for 3g

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
you could probably get a tremec t56 for well under 3000, but then youd have more trouble fitting it up

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
care to divulge contact details?

sixshooter I do hope you meant t700 not t400, that's a beefy box untouched.
but yeah, no manual except T56 will tolerate an L67 for long, and I doubt you'll get the box for 3g

oops ! thats the trans I meant. :embarrass

Post_History

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Berlina Sports Wagon International
thanks guys for all your replys
well all the transmissions have come directly from holden fited by holden so one would asume they have got it right.

sircruisealotVS what kind of price we looking at as a swap.... ps i live in WA (Wait Awhile)

But i would prefer a manual is there anything i would have to do to get the transmision to connect to the engine being the t56, and what do you mean there would be trouble fitting it up.