Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs in door speakers

H

Hinchman

i got 2 alpine 6" in the bak of my vs and i was thinkin of puttin another 2 6" speakers in the front doors.... i was wonderin if they are gonna fit in the door spaces? if any one has done this is it worth it and is it possible

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
if its a VS then it already has factory 6" speakers in the front doors? and yes u can just take them out and put some alpine ones in there :)

H

Hinchman

thanx mate, just wanted to make sure befor i ripped em out

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Ideally I would place a pair splits in there. Mount the tweeter in the vent under the windscreen. Also, They perform fantasticly if wired into a small 4channel amp with the rears hooker up as well. You won't be dissapointed but it all comes down to budget.

T

Truk22

yeah, only the 6" speakers fit (NOT THE 6.5"), I dropped in a pair of jl vr600csi splits and mounted the tweeters at the apex of the door pod. I wouldn't mount the tweeter in the factory hole as there is too much distance between the woofer and the tweeter and u may get a split sound effect. Easiest way is to get a hole saw and cut a hole in your door, it will be much easier and look cleaner than pulling your dash apart to get to the original tweeter mounting holes. Dont get alpine, everyone is hooked on the "name", best way is to have a listen, what u think sounds best u should get.

Truk22

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
How can cutting a hole in your door looker neater then putting a pair of tweeters into a place that keeps them concealed? The space between the woofer and tweeter is minimal, most people can't notice the difference. Use the -3dB attenuator as they are much closer to your person. On a side note. It takes 5 minutes to replace the tweeters when they are in the factory position.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
where is the factory tweeter spot located, i am thinking of putting new speakers in my vs and would like to know my options. cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
In the heater vents under the windscreen. If you car doesn't have them, you will see a "fake" heater vent. It's under there. If the heater vent is actually cut through, quickly run a stanley knife through the slots to allow the sound to come through carefully.