Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS indicating automatically

bobza

Reaction score
hey guys,

i own a series 3 vs ute 3.8L, last night i was driving on the highway and smoke started coming from the inginiton barrel, and out of the boss kit on the steering wheel, also the indicators started goin off by themselves and are know both constantly on, and also i assume if i start it it will smoke again, as i tried again today and it did, also the indicator stalk is like stuck, u cant move it much. i assume it would be a wiring issue, any help would be greatly apprecoated.

cheers
bobz

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Pull it apart mate. Sounds like something has fried. Disconnect battery first though.

I would say you will see what has been damaged.

bobza

Reaction score
yeah, i tried however one of the screws to pull the bottom of the steering colum is threaded, anyone no a good way to get round this.

cheers
bobz

bobza

Reaction score
the top of the screw is threaded ie. screwdriver spins

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
if your talking about the shroud screws they are plastic and will come out if you use a blade screwy to wedge them out while you are undoing them with a phillips

bobza

Reaction score
no, its the part under the actual steering colum with the height adjustment lever, there is 5 screws that hold it on, got 4 out but one wont budge and is worn on its top.

cheers
bobz