Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Indicators behaving VERY strangely

peejay71

Reaction score
Ok, my ride is a 95 VS acclaim

Few days ago, my LEFT side indicators started playing up...meaning the BRAKE lights would come on when i indicated left, but the RHS working just fine.
It was an intermittent problem but giving me the willies, as it would also cancel the cruise

Somebody told me that the indicator wiring goes thru the hazard switch, so i replaced the hazard switch (The hazards were working fine anyway)

So problem still existed intermittently...So i bought a new combination switch (The indicator stalk thing) with high beams and cruise buttons etc and fitted that myself.

Bit beta now brakelight are back to normal, HOWEVER occasionally the LHS indicator either flash to slow or to fast

All LHS indicator globes are fine (Front,Side,Rear and in-dash)

So then i replaced the flasher relay thing above the fuses in drivers footwell.

AGAIN same intermittent problem of SOMETIMES flashing to fast or to slow. Only on the LHS though. RHS works just fine.

Its giving me the willies!

Any ideas or suggestions would be GREAT !!!!

AA6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 ute S2
the connection could be dodgy at the indicator loom?, happened to me the other day. Try wiggling the wires behind the loom, or take the globe out and check that its got a good contact.