Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS interior colours - slight colour changes

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Even Bunnings do this.

BTW, are the plastics painted from factory or are they coloured plastics. I never had a problem with peeling in my VS that I owned for 19 years up until 2017.

Hi VS 5.0,

All the plastics are similar to final finish coloured plastic but have a light colour coating of paint over the surface.

I think some cars may have had a better product used or something else happened at the factory as I have seen some terrible ones that pealed real bad, like mine were. Yet I have seen other VS and VR's that the paint is in perfect shape.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
To find a perfect "unmarked" air box either left or right is almost impossible nowadays thus why WYN30 wants to refinish his so that they look perfect.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
To find a perfect "unmarked" air box either left or right is almost impossible nowadays thus why WYN30 wants to refinish his so that they look perfect.

There are a number at my local wreckers all in really good cond, grey. I bought some and swapped mine over and there were plenty to choose from. However in saying that blue was quite scarce, very few VR's or VS with the blue interior in Launceston and surrounds. What I saw in blue had already been pretty well stripped out.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
It seems as though Dulux had nothing to do with interior paints from VN onwards as that's when the plastics plant at Holden was being scaled down with most of that stuff being outsourced to third party suppliers / manufacturers.

Cubic Pacific were painting Holdens Elizabeth interior plastics for some time before closing. I did some regular maintenance work for them around 2007 to 2015 and saw their robot spray booths many times.
Website still works, unsure if they are still in buisness or what they do now ?
http://www.cubicpacific.com

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Blue interior parts are the hardest to find in good nick, especially the RH air box due to how the blue surface wears off around the grab handle area. I've been looking for months now for a perfect one for my lads Heather Mist / Blue interior Series II VS, an odd colour combination, as most HM vehicles have the Light Grey interior.

Last edited: