Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs keeps stalling

Waltap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs exec s1
Hey I was wondering if anybody could tell me why my vs is stalling after I fire it up. I drove it around all day yesterday then on the way home it cut out on me and has been doing so ever since, I have recently replaced the fuel pump which has been in for about a week now and also the fuel filter, a few people told me I need to change the crank sensor, or even the ecu!! Help is much appreciated....

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
there is a plug near the coil pack , make sure it is making good contact otherwise it maybe the crank angle sensor, I wouldn't go changing the ecu without it first being tested.
you should retrieve the fault codes e.g. yourself or go to a mechanic or auto elec.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
removed due to trolls

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Waltap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs exec s1
Now it's only stalling when I select a gear (auto) it idles fine but then when I select reverse it drops it's revs and starts to stall. The same thing happens to drive aswell. !!

Waltap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs exec s1
I checked the computer and it said code 12 means all good. Does this mean it's a mechanical problem like my auto being rooted?