Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Kicks Over, Sucking Noise, then dies

unionoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Check the oil pressure switch connections as bad connections here or in the oil pressure switch can prevent the fuel pump running - what "should" happen when you go to start the car is you turn the key ....fuel pump will prime (run) for 2 seconds....engine cranks, fires and starts....oil pressure builds up immediately in engine and oil pressure switch then supplies power to the fuel pump. If the oil pressure switch does not detect oil pressure there will be no power to the fuel pump....no fuel = no run.
You could try the following: at the oil pressure switch remove the connector and bridge between the red and violet wire - this should then supply power to the fuel pump whenever the ignition is switched on. Do this as a temporary measure to see if the oil pressure switch is the problem - usually happens after someone has waterblasted the engine to clean it and this shorts the switch contacts.

Thanks for the advice. I will check that too, still no lucking getting the papper clip idea to work at all, grrrrr

herbvnmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
have you had a try connecting air flow meter up too intake if not done already also check harness too it!! ecotecs wont run for 5 seconds with this disconnected pod filters need too be fitted before the air flow meter with adapter
Hello everyone

Im new to the forum, so please bare with me

I have a VS Wagon, and at the moment, when i go to start it, it will sometimes kick over, and sometimes not, when it does, there is a sort of sucking noise from around the air filter/intake area. The car will not idle for more than a few seconds before it dies. I have replaced the fuel and air filters and checked for any leaks in the intake hose up to the throttle body, i'm at a loss of what the problem is, and of course I cant get it started to get to a mechanics, any help is appreciated

Thanks

Andrew

Drbower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Statesman V6 96
car jumpy not liek jumpers

Not sure if this is completely unrelated but never the less thought i would post this anyways.
Firstly i would like to say that i know i am having problems with my alternator because when i disconnect the battery terminal the car stalls.
However that is not the main issue i am having but i am hoping that it is related.
My car starts fine but when i go to accelerate the car jumps and hardly gets any power, i was thinking that it could be that something has got into the fuel injectors or could it possibly be the alternator causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dr Bower

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
removing the battery terminal with the engine running is a big no no one it kills alternators and 2 it has nowhere for all the current to go apart from into the electrics and can fry ecus and bcm's etc

Drbower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Statesman V6 96
Thanks for that info. Probably screwed everything then. Still doesn't really explain my entire problem.

I have heard a few theories such as, fuel injectors, coil pack but have checked them and all seems to be fine

Hillam069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
sounds like a fuel pump to me