Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Vs l67 conversion

Tim Jennings

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute v6
Hi gang . Little info required please. I have a vs auto ute. I have fitted a complete vs ecotec statesman loom in the ute. I have obtained a s/c l67 engine and auto from a vx calais. I have also Obtained a vs statesman l67 engine loom. Now the tricky part. I have the following ecu's. I have the standard ecotec vs statesman ecu. And I have the ecu from the vx calais that the l67 and auto came from. Also have a chip marked 'vt hsv xu6 supercharged', and I purchased a mace tuned chip for stage 2 cam 69 throttle body etc. ( work that's going to get done to mine). Can I use either of those ecu's with one of these chips, or do I have to buy a vs supercharged ecu and fit chip into that.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers. Tim

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
None of those ECUs or memcals are interchangeable. At a minimum you need to get any VS auto ECU (the Statesman one will be fine) and get a VS supercharged memcal, either the factory one or get somebody to burn you one, you can't use the VT or VX memcal. Either that or just get an entire VS S/C ECU that comes with the memcal.

Tim Jennings

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute v6
Thank you very much rjk for your input. Ok... I clearly didn't mention (late night for me and tired) that the mace tuned chip was for a vs l67 with stage 2 cam and throttle body. Soooo! your saying I can use that chip in the stock standard statesman vs (ecotec) auto ECU!!!!!

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Yes you can use that chip in the Ecotec ecu.

Sacha schonberger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum, looking for tips on a conversion, i have a vs ute 3.8 ecotec/auto. I've just bought a vx s/c calais complete running car. Should i gut the loom etc from the ute and change everything from the calais?, or just change parts and ecu & modules into the ute's loom etc.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Use all the vs wiring just lengthen the wires that need doing, grab a vs L67 memcal with no vats and plug it in the vs PCM, you will need to drill and tap a hole under the thermostat housing for dash temp sender.

Sacha schonberger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Use all the vs wiring just lengthen the wires that need doing, grab a vs L67 memcal with no vats and plug it in the vs PCM, you will need to drill and tap a hole under the thermostat housing for dash temp sender.
Cheers, that'll make it easier. My ute has no extra's except central lock, no abs, no airbags.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Do you need to drill and tap a hole ?,
As the Temp Sender on a L67, is located at the back on the left hand side, below the Thermostat Housing, [also below the blower bypass solenoid]

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Do you need to drill and tap a hole ?,
As the Temp Sender on a L67, is located at the back on the left hand side, below the Thermostat Housing, [also below the blower bypass solenoid]

That sensor is for the PCM, if you want the dash one to work it requires a temp sender to be fitted.

Vs L67's had a adaptor on the back of the Lim (lower intake manifold) for the sender, Vt-Vy L67'S do not have it.