Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs L67 stroker.

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
IMG_20200819_121521_907.jpg

This is my Vs, im in the process of building an L67 for it, its got
Mace Engineering 4.2ltr stroker kit, plus 0.040" oversized forged pistons and H-Beam rods.
Stage 2 Crow cam (mace package),
A2a intercooler kit,
3" (14psi) pulley (for now) will be going 20psi,
69mm throttle body,
High voltage ignition kit,
Mace Engineering Cold Air intake,
860cc raceworks injectors and a Raceworks fuel pump, plus a few other bits and pieces.
Will have a set of custom pacemaker extractors flowing through a 3inch outlet into a single 3inch exhaust.
Still just running the M90 for now, but has been fully stripped and rebuilt.
It's a T5 transmission and just the M80 stock Diff
Diff and gearbox build will come later.
Its also got a cube shift short shifter installed.
Follow my Instagram for more pics and details of the progress so far. @justjoshkiddingya

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Stock M80 in a VS?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes, on an IRS car you can swap out the entire diff for an M80 as they bolt up the same. Just need to get the right diff to driveshaft flange and axles etc.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes, on an IRS car you can swap out the entire diff for an M80 as they bolt up the same. Just need to get the right diff to driveshaft flange and axles etc.
What’s the deal with axles? Use the m80 axles? Do the earlier axles fit? What about abs sensors?
Got a couple of 3.46 m80’s here I’m going to rebuild, plan to put one into the Vs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not 100% sure TBH as I've not compared em side by side. the big one is the drive shaft flange.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What’s the deal with axles? Use the m80 axles?

Everything bolts up, earlier axle flanges bolt to the M80 diff so there's no need to worry about anything else. I assume the later shafts won't work in a VS anyway because of the difference in track.

Last edited:

Courtney1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX commodore
Thank god this is a recent post. I am wanting to do almost the same thing because I'm over seeing LS1's as there all the same, I want something different. Full rip down, clean and rebuild on a engine rotisserie with all mace products. 4.2L stroker, stage 2 or 3 cams which ever works better, rebuilt and tweaked factory S/C, intercooler and other corresponding mods. What are the power gains as I can only find N/A versions on YouTube, or they have either a turbo or different S/C all together??. Any advice and info would be great, or maybe even a video on how yours idles and runs.