Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs l67 transplant ??? Whats to be done ?

luxv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 hilux
If some one knows of a sticky thread on the forums for the info needed to drop a l67 into a vs v6 link it up please , if not i need some info to get some parts in .

what i know is the engine drops straight but do i need to marry the l67 gearbox or keep the v6 eco ?

i know i can memcal my ecu to get up the kw's

i need the top radiator hose

and air box tube

sensors are same

keeping original fuel pump as i've been told it can handle the 185kw i plan to upgrade via memcal , do i have to do a work around for the l67 fuel regulator or just ignore the lead ?

any one else know stuff i need to mod ??

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
I have done this in my VS calais.
I am currently running the L67 with my stock ecotec trans with no problems but the L67 trans does have a different torque converter and I think is a bit stronger.
Essentially the motor will drop straight in but you will need an L67 loom and memcal. Your ecotec loom can be modified to suit. If memory serves me right you just need to extend the wires for the injectors. You will also need to get a temp sensor put into the intake manifold near the thermostat unless the L67 you get has come from a VS with the temp sensor in the back.
As you mentioned you will need the L67 radiator hose and intake pipe.

I think that is everything but it was a while ago I did this so I could be missing something.