Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
I would imagine it would be a tow job as it would run rough as until the tune, but im sure someone with more experience will comment....

p.s. Does the white ute (your daughters ute) have a Big White Holden sticker on the back window?

yep, a few big white stickers on the back window..

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
haha seen it drive through the work site today.... down on Kennedy drive at Scales Seafood Takeaway... roadworks, long delays....

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
haha seen it drive through the work site today.... down on Kennedy drive at Scales Seafood Takeaway... roadworks, long delays....
Yep that was her, my mum is down that way, she was visiting her.

Her car looks really good on the road.. she loves it.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
well that's what got me, oh look a clean vs ute ... look like the one i saw on JC Forums...
Good on her, ute looks good and she likes it ... win win ...

H

harrop.senator

From corn ??
Thought it was from sugar cane, brought in to help prop up the sugar cane industry years ago when they were struggling.

Unless Australia is different everything on the net says it's corn based.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Unless Australia is different everything on the net says it's corn based.
Internet says in America it:s made from corn.
We use E85 in the older car and associated the white bundy bear with it as a joke that the car was getting drunk on rum made from sugar cane molasses. Pity they put 15% petrol in it so we can:t drink it being cheaper than bottled alcohol but as kids getting grapa aka rocket fuel was real cheap and you could also *** **** up ****.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...rary/Publications_Archive/CIB/cib0203/03cib12
Ethanol is produced from a range of agricultural crops, such as wheat and sugar cane and as such the fuel stock is 'renewable'.

There have been suggestions that the ailing sugar industry could be a direct beneficiary of an expansion of the ethanol industry via the mandatory use of ethanol blended petrol, in much the same way as corn producers have benefited from such programs in the mid-western United States. Whilst intuitively this suggestion would appear fundamentally sound, there are other important financial considerations.
Ethanol now produced from the sugar industry comes from C molasses, a waste low-value end product also used as cattle feed. Despite low prevailing sugar prices, a redirection of first express juices the primary sugar cane product to ethanol production would greatly increase the price of ethanol feedstock and hence the cost of producing ethanol. Although sugar prices have declined in real terms over the last thirty years, present prevailing prices well over A$200/tonne are still higher than sugar farmers are likely to receive if they were producing feedstock for ethanol production.

H

harrop.senator

Molasses god I don't miss cleaning that stuff up.

I wish they would , may make e85 affordable in West Australia. I really wanna run it in the vs , 180sx has to be. $2 a litre is cooked but.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Molasses is brilliant stuff for de rusting stuff....Just got to be careful how long you leave the item in it though

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So this is an L67 VS Ute towing a Turbo V6 VS Ute.

1624447854926.png

I took it up to Danes to get the lifters fixed and some nice additions added, plus get it ready for rego.

Had a great time at Lakeside Raceway over the weekend..

There's a cruise around the track for an hour to start with, and you line up against someone as you come onto the straight and get into it. It's great fun, just being out on the track playing around.. not very serious, but a ton of fun.

Then there's the 1/8th mile drags.. again not that serious, no timing. but you can race anyone you like..

I met up with Brendon from the L67Torque facebook group. we had a race. .he's got a 55 dodge with an L67 in it.. Brilliant car.

1624448263727.png

He takes this thing out drifting.. 3.5 gears and same auto as mine, he has a ball doing it, I've seen the videos.. So our ute should do ok as well, especially on the smaller tracks. Like Archerfield.. So we are going to give that a shot too.

here's us racing.

on the track
1624449462690.png

Was going through the pits , this woman said, you need a passenger, I said jump in.. Her daughter was in a GT350 , so was trying to find it on the track so we could race each other.

1624449553446.png

Some sweet cars there.. this amazing brock replica..
1624449852527.png

Another VS, this one over 500 horsies at the wheels. and it's his daily, and 100% street legal.
We had a great chat about these cars.
His 10 year old son was out the front of the car, telling everyone what was done to it. Amazing young kid.

1624449907773.png

twin turbo LS VY

1624449987781.png

Also the sub in the ute kept cutting out..

So found this gem on marketplace for $35 .. Sweet..
new one on the left, slightly bigger, might tear the ute apart LOL

1624449721388.png

Last edited: