Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Clapped out & tired stocker 6cyl shock/spring combo is poor man's 90/10's....stupid money for commo setups.

I'd pressure wash em' & change strut tops if needed then they're good to go!!!!

TBH it's cool to see peeps interested enough have a go at doing this stuff on their especially these days not many people building or tinkering with modified cars.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Turns out I've got 2 sets of 90/10's lying around haha..

when we got my daughters car, got the original suspension along with it, he kept it after he lowered it.

Plus I've got the donor VS sitting here too.

1627824106583.png
1627824156518.png

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Lop half a coil or even 1 coil off if don't want tyre gap big enough to fit your head in it.

2 types of coils for utes country pack or whatever they are (super high & stiff) then got stock like sedan that are softer/lower...not sure if they're all fe2 or not after certain model.

Mine are fe2 tad soft/bouncy to push on & sat ute lower....untill I gutted weight out of it now it's risen back up to country height can fit fists in tyre gap...does visibly lift a little if it hooks up at full throttle.

Keep mucking around with it dude!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you're not worried about a terrible ride on the street you could go some cheapo King SL's. If you need road comfort then for a few $ more can look at Lovell SL's.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Lop half a coil or even 1 coil off if don't want tyre gap big enough to fit your head in it.

2 types of coils for utes country pack or whatever they are (super high & stiff) then got stock like sedan that are softer/lower...not sure if they're all fe2 or not after certain model.

Mine are fe2 tad soft/bouncy to push on & sat ute lower....untill I gutted weight out of it now it's risen back up to country height can fit fists in tyre gap...does visibly lift a little if it hooks up at full throttle.

Keep mucking around with it dude!!!

Thanks man,

I'll put the front runners on the donor ute with original springs in it and measure it. Let me know what you think of the height, it doesn't look all that high really.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So these just arrived yesterday.

1627984048840.png

ready for the Powercruise in Septermber.

These will blow green smoke..

These are for the burnouts where you start at the beginning of the straight and do one big long burnout down the straight.

plus i got this

1627984330763.png

To turn off the rear brakes ..

it's so easy these days to get what you want, just search ebay you'll find it nine times out of ten.
now, I just have to think if something exists and search ebay,
or something comes up on marketplace.

when I used to build cars, things broke all the time..
If you had the money you'd go to a wreckers or repco, if you didn't you just waited till you found a similar model dumped on the side of the road somewhere to get your parts. (70's/80's)

There were no phones, no towing, public transport to get home, or public phones, or hitch hiking to get home then grab a mate and tools and either tow it home or fix it on the side of the road.

Now it's just pull up a browser, even my CC is remembered in my browser.. buy something and it magically arrives at my front door in a few days or so LOL it's amazing..

I bought some dodgy injectors for 300.. was told they are dodgy.. the guys refunding them, just post them back for $5 get my 300 back.. too easy.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I like you're thinking haha!

Been planning how to do neat bias valve installation in back of my ute for ages too just want to be able to do it on a car hoist also noticed different sized ends of brake lines last time was under it.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
I like you're thinking haha!

Been planning how to do neat bias valve installation in back of my ute for ages too just want to be able to do it on a car hoist also noticed different sized ends of brake lines last time was under it.

yeah, found this on ebay to suit vs ute,,
it's got the right connections etc.

1628049848244.png

Edit: I just read your post again, and you said "Bias" not blocker like above :)

Last edited:

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
I just measured the height of the cars to the guard.

Front.
Donor
26 inches.
Standard steelies and standard tires

Daughters
25 inches.
20 inch low profile tyres.

My ute
24 inches
17 inch rims and low profile tires.

Rear
Donor
29 big 20 inch wheels

Daughter

Mine
25 with the same 20 inch wheels as donor.

Tassie turbo ute with new standard spring in the rear.
25 but with 15 steelies and low profile tyres.

So in theory if I put stock springs on the front of my ute.
I'll get 26 inches to the guard.. the front runners are very close
to the same size as the front tires on the donor ute

And leave the rear the same.

To get traction off the line, or see how level the rear control arms are with the tall front springs in it.

Plus I got this for one of the utes LOL, don't know which one yet.

1628051855261.png

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Got the ute at my newly discovered local mechanic, who's awesome.. knows commodores inside out.
He's fitting the line lock, doing a service. fixing an oil leak. replacing the noisy idler and getting me a quote to fix the AC.

Anyone from Gold Coast Brissy want to join us, now we are out of lockdown?

These are the next two events we are doing.

1628556401727.png

1628556414245.png

Last time at lakeside, was underpowered, but still spun into second gear.. with these new (new to us) slick tires and extra power, we might get a win for a change LOL

After the tune, it's got a second to third gear changing issue.. Baz said to bring it back for free on a saturday for final tune after driving it, this is what needs to be fixed and it's an easy fix. .just hope I can get squeezed in on the way up on saturday.. would of been done already, except we were both in lockdown etc.

it's hitting the limiter at the end of 2nd gear just as it changing into 3rd. Just as it's changing into third, it comes off the limiter and goes back to second gear.. and starts looping.. that's when it's in drive.. I haven't had the chance to try manual changes yet, but that's what I'll be trying this weekend if I can't get to see Baz first..

I'm half considering paying him to teach me , what software to put on my laptop.. I've already got the cable.. so I can play around and learn about the Delco ecu myself ..

Plus had a win on fuel price yesterday.

1628557090525.png

I was putting 98 in it before.. I'll take them as they come! :)