Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Think it needs black strip in front bar to match rest of the car...looks tidy.

Should do v8 conversion for her so she make ya look bad on burnout pad :)

as much as I'd like to agree with you :)

This is her daily, and it's going to chew a lot more fuel than her Getz that we just retired..

Most likely will also be a tow wagon, which will be cool. VS ute towing a VS ute :)

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So the new underfloor rear custom sub woofer housing arrived from Ebay today.. in a massive box.

it was the perfect fit.. couldn't be happier.

I was only searching for one of those small sub boxes to fit in a ute, and saw this thing of beauty LOL

1607770788132.JPEG

That's for a 12 inch sub, so you can see the size of the entire thing.

Before
1607770788085.JPEG

After.

1607770788003.JPEG

The port from the sub lines up almost perfectly with the Vent to the inside of the cab, I just had to remove 4 screws to remove the vent cover from the inside.. fed the speaker wires through the vent hole, into the housing and directly onto the speakers..

all up like 20 mins work..

This is what it's replacing, this thing was in the passenger foot well.. not great to be able to carry passengers around.

1607770787913.JPEG

I just removed the speaker from this and put it in the other one.. too easy.

So I closed the drivers door today as it started raining..

window fell of it's tracks..

1607773153449.JPEG

Lucky there's a thread on this board how to remove the door lock button.. that was a PITA but didn't take too long.

The window winder , which it fits in the tracks of the window has a roller inside a sliding bit. this sliding bit is broken.. The winder is revetted on the door frame.

This ute came with a spare front door. going to check if it's the same colour in the daylight, he got it to replace this one, that's got that slight buckle in it.

Might be easier to just change the door and make one good one out of two.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So I'm going to figure out the best way to seal that cover plate that goes over the sub, to keep water out. plus I just bought a tourneau cover for the ute.. Aussie made for around 129 delivered. Can't complain about that. now i need to source the centre bar that goes across the centre of the ute to keep it up etc. a Wreckers I guess. ?

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So I'm going to figure out the best way to seal that cover plate that goes over the sub, to keep water out. plus I just bought a tourneau cover for the ute.. Aussie made for around 129 delivered. Can't complain about that. now i need to source the centre bar that goes across the centre of the ute to keep it up etc. a Wreckers I guess. ?

after speaking to some friends, I should line the inside of that area where the new sub resides, so I ordered this.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32sq-ft...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also ordered some some of this rubber strip to seal the panel to the cavity
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4M-Adhe...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and lots of cleaning.

then stick it all back together..

going to add sound deadener to the inside of the doors.. since I'm fixing that drivers door anyways..
I did this once before to a 4wd I had and man it made a huge difference.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
bit of a late update on a couple of things.

Got the new drivers door fitted, after finding out the window winder inside the one on the car was destroyed..
got pin extractor kit off ebay which made it pretty simple.

Fitted the new sub enclosure , cleaned that area and put rubber around the seal of the cover that goes over it and the tank.

purchased a tonneau cover from ebay and fitted it.

Then the battery went flat.. checked the battery it was old, so bought a new one, only to find the alternator is drawing 10 amps LOL
So that's dead.. ordered a new one to suit.. L67's have a different alternator than normal.. have one arriving next week to fit it, plus new belts.

Alternator looks easy enough, but doing both belts looks like a PITA.

Planned on going to the Mudgeeraba showgrounds car show thing

https://www.facebook.com/events/468...a\":{\"invite_link_id\":1858004327683977}}]"}
Drive it there on the battery along with my daughters VS Ute aswell.

Went to detail it this morning only to find there's 4 inches of water in the drivers footwell and my key was on the floor...

I've put the key in a bowl of rice and see what happens when it dries out..

we are going to the show now at 10am and walk around for a couple of hours. Should be fun, would of been better with our cars there.

So not much to report on, been busy with my work, it should be driveable again in a week and we'll see where we can take it from there.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
We went to the mudgee showground car show today, to look around.
not a huge turnout, the weather didn't help. plus it was from 7am to 12 lunch etc.

Our cars would of fitted in really nicely there.

So dried the Key out.
ignition comes on, but it doesn't turn off the ignition disabler.. (can't remember the correct name)

not sure how to reprogram a new key to suit etc.

Any ideas?

New keys are cheap on ebay.

not really sure which one to get. My daughters VS of same year doesn't have the ignition disable. So I know there's more than 1 type of key.

As you can see from the photo, was due for a new key anyways.

2021-01-10_15-30-10.jpg

So I'm waiting on the new Alternator to arrive and belts. That's a simple enough job.

Still have to figure out how all the water got in.. right now, no ideas..

seems like its come down the windscreen and leaked into the cab somewhere.. no idea.

any ideas on how to program the new key, or which key to order? :)

Thanks in advance!

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
so looks like this video shows how to do it.
Pretty simple

so ordering these parts now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Generally there are two reasons you get water on the front floor, one is the A/C drain blocked and the other is the windscreen drains being blocked. Both are easily cleared. The other spot a ute blocks is the tub drains.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Thanks, I'm guessing it's windscreen drains :) just have to find them.