Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Found the perfect rear housing, but opposite side of the blower.

Didn't even know Baz had a channel, but youtube just recommended this video to me.

H

harrop.senator

This is why I said to speak to him! :p pretty sure I've got a comment on that asking a price cause I was like oh damn , I want one haha.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I chopped fuel tank cover into 3 sections on mine...first piece on left unscrew that it exposes vacant cavity in there where battery etc will eventually end up.

Middle piece is over large top section of tank whilst right side piece exposes all hoses & filler neck...hinges on one side or quick release pins would make life easier when want access in there.

Factory fuel tank cover weighs about 17kgs so I only have it fitted when doing tip runs & abusing it...later on will make another 3pce fuel tank cover with a thin sheet & bars for bracing 15kgs lighter!!! Want it down to 1250kgs :cool:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Remove jack ETC and bracket behind drivers seat . Install dry cell battery there = ( doesn't block ports for sub behind passengers seat ).
Install fuel pump behind panel on LH FWD side for fuel filler .
Pick a side at the back of tray ( or might need both as I'm just spit balling here ) =turn one or if need two panels into 1/4 turn attach fasteners =( can get with wing nut heads so don't need anything but fingers to turn) and then something like custom brackets or even expanding foam and cut out to hold jack and lever = even more if want .
And then you still have standard looking and useable tray/tub.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
You guys got any recommendations for a dry cell battery?

If im going to the trouble of moving the battery, might aswell do the dry cell at the same time..

Btw. my ute has a great rubber cross hatched matting in the back of it. It's awesome.. though pulled it out yesterday.

My guestimate of it's weight is easily 25 kilos. so removing that before racing makes a massive weight saving.. was in there every race I've done in the car so far LOL. I'm going to measure it exactly to find out. but guessing around 20 to 25 kilos.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I praise optima yellow tops D34 for the vs, nothing but great results

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
X2 for Optima. I have never used one but members on ausjeepoffroad raved about them as an aux battery and main battery.

H

harrop.senator

Optima , oddysey or SSB.

I have had an optimal before , had mates with the oddysey and every single bike I've owned with a battery ( 6-9 in past decade ) have all been ssb.

I'd reccomend all three haven't had any faults with any apart from the bike ones don't like being connected, draining parasitically for a year and always charging back up.

H

harrop.senator

Can also get lithium but I'm to tight to buy most cars dry call's so I'd never spend the $900+ on myself hahaha.