Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS leaking coolant...

leelee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS II exec.
so i FINALLY had my VS running right and then i discovered its leaking coolant... a couple weeks ago it like pretty much overheated cuz it was out of coolant, but i didn't really think much of it... just flushed it, changed the thermostat and put new coolant in.... then the other day i realised it's leaking... but it doesn't look like its coming from the radiator..
for what it's worth, i had an accident a couple of months ago that did a fair amount of damage to my front end.... but i haven't had any problems til now :unsure:
any ideas??

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
get it pressure tested and find out where the leak is and fix the problem

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
could be leaking radiator or heater hoses or could be the water pump seal. have to look abit harder should be able to see where it is coming from but these are a few places to check!

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
There should be traces of a whitish colour from where its leaking, check around all hoses and the water pump, get under the car and look for the whitish colour. If you cant see anything get a pressure test from a radiator shop.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Did you bleed the system? it can cause the overflow to dump coolant if you didnt, also if its coming out above your gearbox it could be a heater core problem

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
If you overheated it there's a possibility you may have done and intake manifold gasket which is not the worst thing in the world. Or possibly a head gasket. Are you seeing any signs of oil under the radiator cap or milky oil?

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
If I were you i would check the plastic top part of the radiator, your hoses and your heater tap.
Most heater taps become brittle and break apart. Check your hose clamps arent coming undone...

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
As said, get it pressure tested and the leak will reveal itself pretty quick smart.

leelee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS II exec.
it doesnt have oil or anything in the coolant... everything runs fine............until its leaked all the coolant LOL...
and yeah, i bled it when i flushed it last... i'd get my ass kicked if i didn't lol..
i'll try and check all the hoses for white stuff tomorrow... *dodgy*
cant do too much... baby bump gets in the way these days ay :(