Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS LOOM/ECU W/ VT ENGINE

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey I have a vt engine with a vs loom and vs ecu, I know all the changes to the loom; add sender etc
Do I need a VT ecu or will my vs ecu run the vt
Thank you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Use the VS PCM. The engines are the same. The injectors are different but not a big enough difference to make it a huge issue. You just need to add the single wire temp sensor for the VS dash gauge.

The VT motor will also have the EGR, but the VS has no provision for it so just block it off.

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Use the VS PCM. The engines are the same. The injectors are different but not a big enough difference to make it a huge issue. You just need to add the single wire temp sensor for the VS dash gauge.

The VT motor will also have the EGR, but the VS has no provision for it so just block it off.
Thanks for response mate
Engine is in my car n all hooked up but it’s got a miss so thought maybe it was because of the ecu as coil packs n leads ran fine on the old vs engine. New spark plugs aswell
And when I went to bleed the cooling system after around 5 mins of car running with radiator cap off, the coolant from radatior shot up a metre in the air as if pressure built up but cap was off…

The engine is in my lux so I have an aftermarket water tempgauge so plan is just to unplug the sender with single wire and screw in my new sender for the gauge n just leave the plug off? The plug only reads the water temp right so should be fine to leave it unattached?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes you can leave the single wire temp sensor unplugged and it won't effect anything.