Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs loosing power when you accelerate

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys im new to this forum seen ur site when i was browsing the net trying to find what is wrong with my vs v6 and heres a quick rundown on whats wrong

the car starts fine no issues at all drives fine and soon as you accelerate hard the motor loses power and stalls sometimes but will start straight away again i dont know what it is causing the problem people say fuel pump people say crank angle sensor was just seing if anyone on here could tell me what it is? or have had similar problem ive also been told it could be cam angle sensor?

i have changed coil packs and dfi module and still does it its annoying me i dont have any scan tools ect to see what code it couldd be any help would be appreciated

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hi mate yes just changed the fuel filter then no go still doing it has 188,000ks been service done coil packs dfi module

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
hi mate yes just changed the fuel filter then no go still doing it has 188,000ks been service done coil packs dfi module

Probably not but I will guess anyway:
could it be majorly blocked up mufflers/catalytic convertors?

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
just done the code test it come back code 12 everything fineits pissing me off

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
bit of an update car will miss now when driving and when u accelerate bit harder it will stall but it doesnt miss at idle at all i just replaced leads and plugs with brand new ones ive done coil packs and dfi module as well as fuel filter and no mtter how hot the car is it will just start fine again no worries so i dont think its CAS, and i can hear the fuel pump prime easy its starting to annoy me any help guys????