Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Lowering.....

jamex101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Calais
howdy all,
forgive the lack of knowledge but after looking through the forums for a little while i am still somewhat lost as to how one actually goes about lowing their car.
from what i understand it basically involves putting in new (lower?) springs and shortened shocks (because you've got lower springs i'm guessing?)
also, as i'm looking at doing it to my VS SII calais, i'll need a camber kit (i think) because of the Independent Rear suspension as i understand it?
also, the shocks and springs are currently stock and are very light, like lie under the car and push it up with a little to no effort so i'm guessing putting new shocks and springs on would bring the level down but how low would it go if i put SLs or SSL's?
finally, what would i need to do to keep the height of my vehicle constant whilst in park... ( i see a few cars around that have much lower backs than fronts and i'd like to avoid this if possible)

again sorry for the lack of knowledge but if someone could explain it to me it would be much appreciated

PS wheres a good place in adelaide to get a quote?

Cheers,
James

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
go into pedders and get them to do you a quote,,,,,,and discuss any issues with them........cheeers
howdy all,
forgive the lack of knowledge but after looking through the forums for a little while i am still somewhat lost as to how one actually goes about lowing their car.
from what i understand it basically involves putting in new (lower?) springs and shortened shocks (because you've got lower springs i'm guessing?)
also, as i'm looking at doing it to my VS SII calais, i'll need a camber kit (i think) because of the Independent Rear suspension as i understand it?
also, the shocks and springs are currently stock and are very light, like lie under the car and push it up with a little to no effort so i'm guessing putting new shocks and springs on would bring the level down but how low would it go if i put SLs or SSL's?
finally, what would i need to do to keep the height of my vehicle constant whilst in park... ( i see a few cars around that have much lower backs than fronts and i'd like to avoid this if possible)

again sorry for the lack of knowledge but if someone could explain it to me it would be much appreciated

PS wheres a good place in adelaide to get a quote?

Cheers,
James

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
the springs are lower,the shocks im sure are all the same size and yes it is a good idea to put in a camber kit for the front struts.If you wish to tow anything then make sure you get the heavy duty springs and shocks

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Ive got mine lowered 40mm thats because I tow a trailer,the ultra super low will cover the top off the tyres.How low do you want to go just depends on how much you want the car to scrape along the speed bumps and how much damage it might cause when you hit a pot hole