Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS LPG advice.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
could be any number of things causing a car on gas to take ages to start, not tuned correctly, poor maintenance, fuel injectors staying on to long with the lpg aswell (some older setups can do this if the switch timer isn't set correctly), fuel injector start time set to short (same as last issue), petrolissue...... blocked filter, cactus pump, no petrol...... some setups are on a timer from starting on petrol then switching to lpg and others only start on petrol and once a certain rpm is hit switch to lpg (there are more setups but these 2 are the most common for efi).

The ones that only start on petrol and switch at a certain rpm can be bad if the fuel pump dies.... It'll refuse to start.

In addition to my earlier post regarding economy and savings, i can get 600 km's out of 64 liters of lpg on a long trip @ mostly highway speeds, where i average 430 normal daily driving.

Press and hold the button to change the initial start up fuel used by the car. Had to do this many times to force a duel fuel car with this type of system to start on gas only when i had leaking o-rings on the petrol injectors on a customers car and needed to get it mobile without pissing petrol everywhere.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
next one of these i'm gonna give that a shot, the ones with the small black fuel switch and 4/5 leds for lpg level? (i really should rtfm's one day lol)