Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Lukey exhaust SQUEALS when under torque with full car.

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
So, i baught a new Lukey cat back with rear muffler delete.

I Put it on and then realized the shop forgot to send me a clamp, put it together anyway and sounds terriffic, no leaks even without the clamp.

I can drive any way i want and it will be fine, but as soon as i have a full car and i put a certain amount of power the car makes an incredible screeching noise.

it's actually ridiculous like a metal scraping metal noise although i doubt that is what it is. i'm guessing it has something to do with my exhaust when the rear suspension is under load. any one else experienced this?

i will be putting clamp on within a few days which will hopefully fix it, or is it actually something else?

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
basically it squeals when the back of the car bogs down enough AND when the exhaust is droning at the same time

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
So, i baught a new Lukey cat back with rear muffler delete.

I Put it on and then realized the shop forgot to send me a clamp, put it together anyway and sounds terriffic, no leaks even without the clamp.

I can drive any way i want and it will be fine, but as soon as i have a full car and i put a certain amount of power the car makes an incredible screeching noise.

it's actually ridiculous like a metal scraping metal noise although i doubt that is what it is. i'm guessing it has something to do with my exhaust when the rear suspension is under load. any one else experienced this?

i will be putting clamp on within a few days which will hopefully fix it, or is it actually something else?

Have you thought about looking underneath the car?

Cheers
Mat

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not haha, but yes i have but i have no idea as it only does it under load with a full car and it's hard to look under a car while it's accelerating :)

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not haha, but yes i have but i have no idea as it only does it under load with a full car and it's hard to look under a car while it's accelerating :)

Deadly serious, None of us can see your car.

None of us know how you installed it and if everything is mounted properly and straight or if you have fatigue in suspension components on your vehicle.

A question like this is like asking someone else what's in your own fridge.

Cheers
Mat

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
as far as your concerned - exhaust is installed correctly (minus the clamp for the rear tailpipe) and my suspension is fine, i was hoping to find someone who has had the problem before or knows what it is.. not someone telling me they don't know whats in my fridge.

easier question: would not installing the clamp for the rear tailpipe cause random exhaust leaks under load that sounds like my wheel bearing has razor blades in it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
remove rear tailpipe and test with fully laden vehicle.. will tell you if its the clamp issue..

if not then look under the car to see if anything is close to suspension components

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Could it be that with 3 people in the back, its laden enough that the exhaust is rubbing on a moving part?

Get three people to sit in the back, and have a look under. I don't see how a single clamp can do such a strange thing.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
as far as your concerned - exhaust is installed correctly (minus the clamp for the rear tailpipe) and my suspension is fine, i was hoping to find someone who has had the problem before or knows what it is.. not someone telling me they don't know whats in my fridge.

easier question: would not installing the clamp for the rear tailpipe cause random exhaust leaks under load that sounds like my wheel bearing has razor blades in it.

As far as I'm concerned? You are ADORABLE!

Just went back through your posts,

You are running old RE92 rubber, You Think ultra lows & 20's are a "Handling" option and you made a bunch of threads about removing your old exhaust let alone fitting this new one.

And you tell me your suspension components are fine and the exhaust is installed properly,

If that is the case you have nothing to worry about and the noise is in your head.

Cheers
Mat