Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs manual dash cluster

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
have a vs manual

was wondering if possible to put an instrument cluster from a auto in it (has tacho where as manual doesnt), would there need to be any modifications, like extra wiring for the tacho that may not be there on my car?

has anyone doen this?

thanks

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
plenty have done this, no difference between auto and man clusters. Only difference is if its a v8 or v6 obviosly but the tacho can be modded to suit either one if your handy with a soldering iron.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
All of the wiring required to operate the tacho cluster will already be there in your ute. There is no difference between an auto and a manual cluster, just as above I would recommend sourcing it from a vr/vs that has the same motor i.e v6 or v8 so that the revs read accurately. Its then just a matter of removing the existing cluster and replacing it with the new one and it will work fine.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
its not a case of manual auto.. its the series.. not all utes had tacho's most of the manuals i saw in the wrecking yard didnt have a tacho. depends what was optioned from the factory as well