Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs memcal

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If worse comes to worse OP, you also have the option of the Haltech plugin ECU for manual Commodores, but it's damn expensive.

Jordyna282

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 M5 ute
I'll see how I go with ace and bullet performance racing to see if they'll do a memcal, and if not then i might have to go an after market ecu or something.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If worse comes to worse OP, you also have the option of the Haltech plugin ECU for manual Commodores, but it's damn expensive.

The actual cost is not much in ECU world but the features are scant so for what you get they are expensive.

Comcal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
Great this sounds like the go, if I ever get to install boost. Thanks M8.

Good luck finding a tuner in Tasmania that will tune it, they won't touch a Nvram or tunerpro, you will need to do it yourself or take it to the mainland.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good luck finding a tuner in Tasmania that will tune it, they won't touch a Nvram or tunerpro, you will need to do it yourself or take it to the mainland.

Boost said they would a couple of years back but a baseline run was $300 or $350. I never booked it in as baseline should be around $150 or a tad more.

Comcal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
Boost said they would a couple of years back but a baseline run was $300 or $350. I never booked it in as baseline should be around $150 or a tad more.

That's interesting when I called them a couple of years ago they said I would need a aftermarket ecu, because they don't have the software to tune the factory one.

I also called other tuning shops around the state and they said the same thing or go to the mainland.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's interesting when I called them a couple of years ago they said I would need a aftermarket ecu, because they don't have the software to tune the factory one.

I also called other tuning shops around the state and they said the same thing or go to the mainland.
I only spoke to Boost on the phone. Bloke asked me if I wanted to have it tuned. I told him what I had and that I just wanted baseline runs. When they quoted me $300 or $350, I never booked it in. That's way too much for 30 -40 mins work. He may not have clicked that I had Memcal.