Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs memcal

Jordyna282

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 M5 ute
Hi guys, I have a s2 vs 5 spd ute that has had a stage 3 mace cam package put in it and im wondering where I can get a memcal from to suit. No one near me will tune it(gladstone region) I have emailed and called people around here and isn't looking good. I have checked out chiptorque for a memcal and I dont know if its worth the $880 just for a memcal. If anyone is able to help me out or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Give Ace performance tuning a call on 041893148. They have been mentioned on this site before. They do a mail order tune and are supposed to be very good. From memory the cost was about $350. They will have to know every thing that has been done to your motor. The man who does the tune is Joe.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Give Ace performance tuning a call on 041893148. They have been mentioned on this site before. They do a mail order tune and are supposed to be very good. From memory the cost was about $350. They will have to know every thing that has been done to your motor. The man who does the tune is Joe.
I was going to mention ACE next I just figured MACE would have a tune for something they provided. Their stage 3 V8 cams are done by Crow and they definitely have tunes for them, why would they not have tunes for their own cams?
I have an ACE tune and it's great. Only $200 for my 304 posted.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Their stage 3 V8 cams are done by Crow and they definitely have tunes for them, why would they not have tunes for their own cams?

Crow do their own memcals. Mace will only do stuff for really common/basic setups as there's a greater margin for safety. That and "stage" is not an actual standard, the "Stage 3" between both engines (or even different brands for the same engine) will have totally different amounts of lift and duration. Cams like these will make more use of their potential using dyno/live tuning.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cams like these will make more use of their potential using dyno/live tuning.
Is it possible to live tune a Delco Memcal? Is there something you can alter in the Delco PCM to make this possible?